We currently have 15 senior playing members, some of whom are founder members, and although we do not run a junior section, we do have junior playing members.
- Young players are welcome from age 14.
- Our Kit consists of a black/purple fleece, white polo shirt, black skirt/shorts and black tracksuit bottoms.
- After each home game, tea and biscuits are served in the pavilion.
- New members are always welcome. You do not need to know how to play stoolball as tuition can be provided.
Buxted Park Stoolball Club plays in the Mid Division (Ladies) of Sussex County Stoolball Association. Match nights are Tuesdays (Home) and Thursdays (Away) with games starting at 6:45pm. Practice nights are Tuesdays starting in April.
The club started in 1991 with just two experienced stoolball players. The remainder of the team were ladies from an aerobic group in Framfield. The team played its first few seasons on Framfield recreation ground before moving to two other sites, arriving at Buxted Park in East Sussex in 2003.
Once at Buxted Park, the Club realised its potential and won the league for three consecutive seasons – 2003, 2004 and 2005.
Contact Buxted Park Stoolball Club
If you are interested in playing stoolball at Buxted Park, please contact:
- Lorna Francis on 01825 766167.
- National Stoolball website: www.stoolball.org.uk